Thursday, July 1, 2010

Trust

When Mommy told me that she had started a blog to write letters to you, in order to share our wisdom in writing, I was extremely grateful. I had been part of a memorial service recently where a young man shared a similar letter of wisdom with his very young son. Part of it was to share with him how special his great grandfather had been. I thought, "I should do that with our boys." As with most things, your mother had the best idea before I did.

One of the things that you are going to have to experience through me is the way God's call in my life affects our whole family. I had this same experience with my father, and wherever he was led, we all followed. I hope that as you grow you'll be able to participate more in that process with me. It's a very disconcerting kind of thing to be in ministry in this way, but God's call is a very powerful thing. It's not something we can always sense, but it's something we must always trust. This is what faith really is. It doesn't always make sense, but it never lets you down.

I'm at a point now where we may be called to a new place to do ministry. Micah, you are almost 3 years old and Liam, you just turned 1. It's hard to be thinking about a move, a new place, the change with both of you being so young. I don't want to necessarily go through all the work it might take to move, but when God calls we have to follow. I don't know yet when or where we will go and as I write this it is all very hard to discern. But I think I want to share with you that this is a process, just as with all parts of our lives, where we need to learn to trust God's leading. I hope we can try to do this all the time--it's usually not very easy. I love you both.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment